The beauty you are
I often think about how skin of a different hues are depicted in media. Do we even notice? How do people feel about it? I’d like to highlight the skin that’s often represented so dark in photography and would love your help to do it.
Share your reflections on being a woman of color, how you feel about your skin, how you view yourself, and your feelings about being photographed. This series is the final capstone project of my undergraduate studies in digital communications. There is no cost for the session. For your participation, after presenting this project to my class, I’ll mail you the 5×7 print I created for that presentation.
Sessions are scheduled for Sundays, time slots are 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m., & 6 p.m. Sessions last less than an hour and are done in a home studio in Gwynn Oak, Md.
Sign up here:
For Service Type choose Portfolio Project and let me know what two Sunday’s you would be available.
Sessions are in my home studio in Gwynn Oak, Md.
Some of the details:
- Before each session we’d do a short video interview to hear some of your thoughts.
- Next is the photo session, I will guide and pose you to create the best look and emotion in your images. With the heart of a teacher, I’ll help shape any of your concerns away.
- I want to capture the best version of who you are. Wear light makeup if that is normal for you. I want to show you for you.
- Web sized images will be posted to an online gallery for you to download. You have the option to purchase prints as well. After you view your photos, we’ll have a short phone interview. The audio from the call may be used in my final video.
- I’ll create a short vignette using photos, video, and audio that will be displayed on my website and through social media. Get your friends and family to like/comment/share your post. The post with the most will win a 16×24 signed fine art canvas print of your choosing.
- I will select and print a 5×7 photograph on fine art paper for my class presentation. After my presentation, I will sign and mail the mini masterpiece to you.